Protection of the environment and sustainability are two key targets within our wider operations. We help as much as we can in reducing pollution and saving natural resources and energy. To achieve this, we work in collaboration with our staff and guests to save water & power and protect nature.
- Our solar hot water system provides 100% of domestic hot water energy.
- Our installation of photovoltaic panels provides up to 72% of the annual energy consumption.
- We use low energy light bulbs.
- We use key card systems that allow electricity to be switched off automatically when guest rooms are vacated, thus avoiding needless consumption of electricity.
- We follow water-saving practices and our bathrooms are fitted with low-flow showers and taps to reduce consumption as much as possible.
- We use smart irrigation systems that cut down on unnecessary water use in our gardens.
- Our gardens are made up of plants that are native to the area and can easily adapt to environmental conditions. As a result they don’t need much water.
- We use local products for our breakfast in order to reduce the number of food miles between farm and kitchen which cuts back on air pollution and greenhouse gases.
- We support our local economy and all of our collaborators are close to our area.
- We have been taking steps to limit exposure to toxic chemicals.
GREEN POLICY FOR OUR GUESTS
We would like to enlist the help of our guests in achieving our aims by asking them to:
- Turn off lights when leaving the room.
- Turn off the television when leaving the room.
- Turn off taps.
- Limit the use of air-conditioning or heating and turn it off when a window or door is open to the outside.
- Participate in our towel and linen policy.