At Kalimera Village, we are committed to preserving the natural beauty of Crete and ensuring that our guests have a sustainable and environmentally friendly experience. We are proud to be the most eco-friendly hotel in Piskopiano, offering our guests the opportunity to enjoy the island while minimizing their impact on the environment.
Our hotel is built with natural materials such as wood and stone that blend seamlessly with the surrounding landscape. We also use energy efficient lighting and appliances and have installed solar panels to generate electricity and hot water. We have also implemented recycling and composting programs and use organic and locally sourced products in our restaurant.
Our eco-friendly approach extends beyond the hotel. We encourage our guests to explore the island on foot or by bicycle, and provide maps and information about local flora and fauna. We also work closely with local conservation organizations to support their efforts to protect the environment.
Being eco-friendly is not only good for the environment, but also allows our guests to experience the natural beauty of Crete in an authentic and sustainable way. At Kalimera Village, we believe that protecting the environment is essential for a fulfilling and enjoyable vacation, and we are committed to making this a priority for our guests.
Here are some of the ways we implement our environmentally friendly policy:
- We use a solar hot water system that provides 100% of the energy used to heat water.
- We have installed photovoltaic panels that cover up to 72% of our annual energy consumption.
- We use energy efficient light bulbs throughout the hotel.
- Our key card systems automatically turn off electricity in guest rooms when they are unoccupied to avoid unnecessary consumption.
- We employ water-saving practices, such as using low-flow showers and faucets in our bathrooms.
- Our gardens consist of native plants that require little water, and we use smart irrigation systems to conserve water.
- We source local produce for our breakfast to reduce the environmental impact of food transportation.
- We partner with local businesses and organizations to support the local economy.
- We take steps to reduce exposure to toxic chemicals at the hotel.
We also ask our guests to help us achieve our environmentally friendly goals by:
- Turning off lights and televisions when you leave your room.
- Turning off water faucets when not in use.
- Limiting the use of air conditioners and heaters and turning them off when windows or doors are open.
- Participating in our towel and linen policy to conserve resources.
Together we can make a positive impact on the environment and ensure a sustainable future for the island of Crete.